Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Rocking Chair for My Old Country Porch

I love my big old country home covered porch. Over the years, it has served as an outdoor living space. The extra space comes in very handy when we have a large family gathering. We have it set up with plenty of furniture, and the extra sturdy board on the top rail of the porch rail is a favorite place for the kids to kick back.

This year my darling hubby gave me a big old fashioned rocking chair for my porch. I love it! He chose my chair in a natural oil stain finish. My chair is comfy and it is big enough to rock the babies to sleep.

My late summer evenings are nearly perfect. I take pleasure in the beautiful sunsets and the distant giggles of children, as my grandkids are playing around the old tire swing out by the barn. I enjoy lemonade, good company, and the soft creaking of the old porch as I sit rocking in my new old fashioned rocking chair.

No comments:

Our Old Country Home