Friday, June 22, 2007

Choosing Color for Paint Project

I walked the isles of the paint store looking at what seems like millions of different choices in paint. How am I suppose to know what color to choose? I'm not a decorator. Sure I live in this old house, and I chose the colors over the years. Colors? White, off white, white linnen, and beige, and warm beige. I've been so daring!

Now I want color. Not warm beige, but real color. Red. I think not. Cranberry? Probably. Apple green? How many shades of apple green are there? Who likes apple green? I do. Does anyone else? I am sure I can't sell a home if I paint the walls apple green or cranberry.

I've been looking at paint stores online. Behr has an informative, interactive website. Look under the 'inspiration' tab for ideas. Or look under the 'explore' tab for coloring your own room. First you need to register for the service. It isn't free, it is $4.95 one year of service. This is fun, you upload photos, then you choose colors to paint your room. What a great service.

I still haven't decided what colors to choose for my own house. Before I can make that decision I still have to figure out if we are moving or if we are staying here. No need to put out the money for my favorite colors if we have to paint again to sell.

No comments:

Our Old Country Home