Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Yard Work

I am so pleased with the progress of our landscape. With a steady schedule of a few minutes here and there working in the yard, it is starting to take shape. We have a long way to go, but as we drive up to the house it actually is starting to look park like with our massive lawn all tidy and neat.

I have been out manually cutting back blackberry brambles and under brush from the edges of the lawn. The blackberries take over so quickly, it is hard to keep up without using some sort of chemical. I have a problem with using chemicals to kill them off though. I don't want to add any more chemicals to the land than is absolutely necessary. So I'm out cutting them back, then I'll dig up the roots. It is really hard work, I don't need to hit the gym this month! But I'm thinking of hiring a bulldozer to finish off the job. We'll have to see if it's in the budget next month. For now I'll keep the clippers handy.

No comments:

Our Old Country Home