Monday, June 11, 2007

Curb Appeal

Every day we work on this old house. It feels like nothing is accomplished at the end of the day. I need a plan, maybe even a check off list. There is so much to do inside, but it's sunny outside, so I think we should be working on the yard or deck.

If we are going to sell I know we need to improve the view from the street. The real estate agent calls it curb appeal. If we are going to keep the house I want to improve the curb appeal for me. I want to have something to look forward to going home to at the end of the day.

Things we need to do to improve the curb appeal:
  • Trim the landscape hedges and keep the yard manicured.
  • Power wash the deck.
  • Stain the deck.
  • Clear out the kids clutter in the yard. It should be contained and neat.
  • Add a few flowers in pots near the front entry.
  • Paint the trim around the windows.
  • Replace the porch lights with something other than standard lights.

There is my basic list for curb appeal for our home. Once we get working on it I'm sure we'll come up with more things to do.

No comments:

Our Old Country Home